- UNC Transportation Webpage (Department of Public Safety): Information regarding bus schedules, shuttles, on demand and disability access and getting to and around campus.
- Point-to-Point (P2P)
- Chapel Hill Transit: All local buses are free of charge in Chapel Hill and Carrboro.
- Go Triangle: Assists with planning trips to other areas and finding alternate ride transportation. It also provides real-time bus information.
- Parking On-Campus: On-campus parking is restricted. Persons approved for on-campus parking will be issued a parking permit. These permits allow for parking in specific lots only. Metered parking spaces are available in some areas around campus for persons without a parking permit. Note: The parking lots are strictly monitored and unauthorized vehicles are ticketed and/or towed.
- Zimride: Ride-sharing network for UNC-Chapel Hill students, staff and faculty.
- Tar Heel Bikes: Bike sharing program on campus.
- Zipcar: Is an alternate to standard car rental and car ownership. Cars are available on campus and can be rented on an hourly basis.
- Car Registration: If you plan to buy your own car, make sure you know the rules on registering the car in North Carolina and buying the proper automobile insurance. The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles provides information required for registering a car and paying registration renewal and vehicle taxes. It is important to consider these costs before purchasing a vehicle.
- Car Rentals: All of the major car rental companies service the Chapel Hill area. Check websites for location and rates.
- Amtrak: The nearest station is in Durham, NC.