The following list of supporting documents can be used for the visa appointment at the U.S. Embassy and also entry into the United States.
- Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 from UNC-Chapel Hill.
- visa application Form DS-160 (for US EMBASSY APPOINTMENTS ONLY)
- SEVIS fee receipt
- passport (must be valid at least 6 months into the future upon the date of proposed entry into the US)
- other supporting documentation:
- the letter of admission to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hil
- an award letter from the UNC department (if you have received an assistantship) or from a scholarship program (if you have been awarded a scholarship or fellowship)
- proof of financial support (if you are privately funded)
TOEFL scores (if applicable).
School transcripts with a record of your grades.
- copies of the student’s supporting documentation (see above)
a marriage certificate (for spouse)
birth certificates (for children)
- If family members will apply for dependent visas (F-2 or J-2):
- dependent’s Form I-20 or DS-2019
- visa application forms DS-160 (for US EMBASSY APPOINTMENTS ONLY)
Thorough scrutiny of documentation can be expected. Please review and insure the accuracy of your documents before presenting them to a consular officer or immigration inspector.