As we continue to monitor the path of Hurricane Dorian and the impact it may have on our area, it is important to be prepared. The path of hurricanes can be unpredictable, so it is hard to definitively say how the Chapel Hill area will be affected at this point. However, it is always a good idea to be ready in case of severe weather that can cause power outages and make leaving your home or apartment unsafe. Please review the resources below so you are well prepared and informed.
- Alert Carolina: UNC’s emergency notification systems that communicates with the campus and local community in the event of an emergency or dangerous situation. ISSS encourages all UNC international scholars to register for UNC’s Alert Carolina notifications
- Visit this page of their website for information on registering for Alert Carolina notifications via email and cell phone
- Orange County Alerts: community public alert and warning system for Orange County NC
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): How to Prepare for a Hurricane
- Information on preparing an emergency kit: ReadyNC