A“new” international student is a student who is interested in attending UNC-Chapel Hill (UNC-CH) who is not a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of the United States.

To begin the process to become a UNC-CH student, apply for admission, complete the appropriate Financial Certificate form and submit English language test scores (if required).  Use the steps in this section to help plan your transition to UNC-Chapel Hill.  Steps 3 through 6 are only for students who will attend UNC-Chapel Hill in F-1 or J-1 student immigration status.  If you will attend UNC-CH in an immigration status other than F-1 or J-1, please review Steps 1, 2 and 7 through 10.

Special Instructions and FAQs

Campus Housing Information